Stark’s Aerostructures Division is Nadcap AC7118 accredited for prepreg bonding, ply cutting, autoclave cure, and core processing. This certification ensures that we can perform complex composite work to the highest industry standards.
Success with customers such as Gulfstream and Boeing demonstrates the expertise required to tackle any program.
- Pre-Preg Lay-Up including laminate and honeycomb sandwich panels consisting of carbon/glass fiber, film adhesive, and copper mesh is performed in a 2,500 sf, certified Class 100,000 clean Room (ISO 8) with wi-fi temp & humidity control.
- 24’ Gerber DCS2600 Ply Cutting table in a composite clean room creates custom plies to fit any prepreg part.
- Four-head VIRTEK Laser Projection System to place custom ply designs on tooling efficiently.
- Our autoclave is 12’ x 30’ and capable of cure cycles up to 500F/ 135psi.
- As a crucial element of the composite build process, we emphasize the importance of raw material handling with two large prepreg freezers and a Plataine RFID tracking system throughout the factory.
- Our 15,000 cubic foot paint booth can service large airframes. It has cure cycles up to 150F for applying MIL-STD primers and topcoats in addition to fuel tank and fay surface sealant.
Stark has delivered several thousand parts from 21 different part numbers to Gulfstream, utilizing composite layup, composite to metal assembly, and paint capabilities.
Stark performs composite to metal assembly and surface sealing for Boeing 787-8 and -9 door surround parts. Since the program’s inception in 2016, Stark has a 100% on-time delivery record over several thousand units.